Friday, October 16, 2009

Home!

Home Sweet Home...Grizzly Adams, I mean Paul, and McKenzie showing off a bear & balloons which arrived from her "fairy godmother", aka Paul's boss.





The first week home was pretty gruelling...she still was not eating - I think she capped out at about six cheeze-its each day, but she was drinking, and peeing. Pain was still consistent - but we had meds and a phone to call the doctor. Susan was a great help, coming over and helping with things such as getting Paul out for his 1-2 mile walk each day, etc...Mason did great, seemed to not miss a beat thru it all.

I think her misery peaked this past Saturday, after I think 11 days of not pooping, although she wasn't eating much. We got to the point that she was constantly crying and wanted no one but mommy, and wanted to be held the entire time - not a good thing for my back or for getting anything done!! Anyway, the urologist on-call at Children's gave us a recipe for poopin and sure enough - she woke up at 10 pm that nice, screaming in pain - but being a productive little pooper!! I think we had 11 poops in 12 hours - and let me tell you, she was a different girl the next day! I'd say she's about 85% now...and back to school as of yesterday! She missed her friends & her teachers so much, so she was very happy & eager to get back. :)

Daddy also started back to work on Wednesday, and myself yesterday. Boo hiss. We just need to win the lottery!

No comments: