Well, at the rate I'm going the last week, I don't think we're in line for any Parent of the Week award! Mason came home sick last Friday - woke up not feeling well, then came home around noon. No fever, but you could see it in her glassy eyes...the fever came later that day - and stayed for five full days! Granted, this is where the "coulda woulda shoulda" comes in...we managed to get to soccer pictures Saturday morning and I was planning on taking her to the ped at 10 am when they opened - she claimed she was feeling better and apparently the fever was down only b/c of the motrin - so we continued on with our plans and when to the Del Mar races anyway. She really seemed okay - not great, but she didn't seem to struggle and was having fun. Then the fever settled back in as we got home, and held its own on Sunday, Monday and into Tuesday. We had a ped appt. finally on Tuesday morning, but before we could even get there, she was crying because her ear hurt...ah ha!!! She was 103.5 when we got to the dr. (early mind you, as she was so uncomfortable) - and has a nasty ear infection. I could have nipped this in the bud had I stuck to my plan of taking her in on Saturday, but I really thought it just might be whatever virus McKenzie seems to have had the week before. Anyway, yesterday was day two of antibiotics and day one of no fever! Yay! She had to miss her first elementary field trip (sorry, Mas!) but it going to try school today...
My parents are also coming down this afternoon and coming with us to watch swimming lessons - then taking the girls to there house until Sunday. We are heading to Pageant of the Masters on Saturday with Paul's parents and Beth and her fam, so this was a good way for the girls to spend a few days up there and hopefully see their cousins when they get home on Saturday! We shall retrieve them on Sunday - and as much as I am looking forward to the break - I know Sunday won't come soon enough!!!
Oh, and a quick note on Kenzie in her big girl bed - doing awesome. (knock on wood) She has yet to fall out or get up without a parent and I think we're closing out week three...So, fingers crossed that she continues to play by the rules! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment