Friday, October 24, 2008

MIA

Charlie has been missing now for two days - she is very very routine, so this is more than unusual. When we first moved here, she went missing for a couple of days - we had basically given up on her as we live in an area with a lot of undeveloped land and we hear the coyotes at night. I ended up finding her in a bush next to our porch - gravely injured, but somehow she had gotten herself home. She had two large puncture wounds on either side of her abdomen (both of which were nasty & infected) - a coyote had gotten her (pretty impressive, as she is quite stealth) and somehow our little spitfire had gotten herself free - and gotten away. No telling how long she'd been in the bush, but she was very very sick. Anyway, some antibiotics, a little TLC, and before long she was back to her busy self.
I am hoping for the same outcome this time...
:(

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm so sorry! I hope she comes home soon!

Our 17.5 year old cat, Nestle Crunch, disappeared about 6 weeks ago. It is hard.