Nurse: Has she had a fever?
Mom: Has she? Yes. Does she now? No. No, I don't think so anyway. She has been running one on and off the last couple of days though.
Nurse: Okay, let's check.
Nurse: Okay, it's almost 101'...
Mom: What? Are you serious?
Nurse: Yes, 100.8, let me check with the radiologist to see if we can still do the test.
Mom: Crap.
Nurse: We need you to take her to your pediatrician today to have her tested for another UTI...
(Mom thinking...crap, this isn't good if she does end up with another one...)
...we can't do the test if she has another infection, so we'll have you reschedule once we know what is going on with her now and this fever...
So, that is where we left things. She and I came home, I am doing some work and she is napping. We will see the ped at 3:30 pm today and I am just crossing my fingers that we don't have to do another catheterization test. But, I'm not excited about the option though either (urine bag test). She has been irritable of late, and not eating - I actually told Paul the other day I was having flashbacks of Baby June (what I lovingly refer to her as from the month when she was soooo not herself). So, we shall see...
Here are a few pictures from my phone of McKenzie getting ready in radiology...for the test that didn't happen. :)
Evening Update: Our visit to the ped was relatively uneventful - she looks good (ears, throat, etc...) and didn't have a fever when we were there (isn't it always that way??) - they did catheterize her for the urine test - no easier for Mommy than it is for McKenzie, and gave us antibiotices to start either way. She is have a few side effects this evening - grabbing herself and crying hysterically when she pees, crying "owwwwwww" and it seems to be bothering her other random times also. :( Didn't have this when she had the catheterization done at the hospital in June - so I called and the peds office said its okay, probably going to come back a UTI if she's having the pain. So, we'll wait....





No comments:
Post a Comment