Friday, August 8, 2008

Good News Friday

Happy Friday!

Good news - McKenzie's urine culture came back negative - no new UTI! Yay. Her temperature was likely the product of a random virus - she now has a cough too, so that makes sense. So, we stopped taking the antibiotics and I will reschedule the VCUG. I will probably try to schedule it as far out as they will let me - I am hoping they will at least let me wait a month since she had the catheterization on Tuesday - I don't want her to have to go thru that again for as much time as they will give me.

Fun news - The Flynn's week in Mission Beach is wrapping up and they'll be heading home tomorrow. :( Tricia was very thoughtful and invited Mason down to spend the night last night with them - and after all of the tears Mason has shed this week about leaving Riley, and missing Riley, etc... Riley has been just as unhappy - so I hear it was a VERY happy reunion. Tricia met us at school Thursday afternoon and we loaded Mason into the car and off they went. The over-nighter was a Mason-proclaimed "vacation" - she said she has had three vacations this summer - one to Catalina, and two to the beach house. Fortunately she hasn't realized the humor in that her three vacations totaled four nights away from home. But, who am I to rain on her parade??
Anyway, we will meet them at Sea World later this afternoon/evening to hang out on their last night, oh, and retrieve Mason, too.

By the way, it was so easy and so fun to only have one little body to take care of last night - especially since its the little body that is asleep by 7 pm and I have to wake her at 7:30 am. Made for a little more peaceful work time for me this morning as well.

No comments: