My new friend/classmate SophieToday is McKenzie's second day at Montessori School of Oceanside. So far so good - which doesn't surprise me mostly because of her temperment and outgoing personality, but also because she has been there pretty much twice a day (to drop off and pick up Mason) since she was a newby. That being said, this also makes mommy much LESS anxious about the transition too, and that is a good thing.
Yesterday went great, she was there all morning and I picked her up at naptime - which is 11:30 for them - mind you this kid has been doing the power nap (10:30 am - 3:30+ pm) faithfully for many months now - so I am a little nervous how the shorter daily nap will effect her patience in the evenings. The time that she was there she enjoyed - and she did her first art project which was a snail, and they commented how surprised they were to see her painting in strokes (we've been doing a fair amount of coloring at home). She loved playing outside, but wanted to climb up the slide, instead of climbing the steps and sliding down the slide, and wasn't shy about letting Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Roxanna know how she felt about being forced to use the steps. Yes, she is stubborn and can have a temper also.
I did take her by Robin's for a quick surprise visit before we picked up Mason in the afternoon - and I wish I would have had the camera - Robin's face was priceless when she saw McKenzie, you'd think she hadn't seen her in weeks - and McKenzie was giddy with a big cheesy grin and kept running to Robin with her arms open. It was too cute. I know they'll continue to be friends long past daycare.
Anyway, she is MSO today and staying for her first nap, which should be very interesting, then we are off to see Dr. Ambo for her 15 month check up this afternoon. Mason wanted to go to the dr. with us until she realized McKenzie was going to get shots - she then got teary-eyed and decided she didn't want to see her sister get hurt.
A couple of pictures of McKenzie snacking on cheerios in her classroom this morning...


No comments:
Post a Comment