Friday, January 15, 2010

Our Lucky Three


Three years, and about two hours ago, McKenzie Rayne Kartkze came into this world at Tri-City Med Center in Oceanside and  made us a family of four.  She and Mason could not be more different - and more alike at the same time (which absolutley makes no sense to me, by the way).   McKenzie is our little spitfire - and its a good thing (some days you might need to remind me of this!).  This year she has weathered so many doctor appointments, tests and ofcourse her surgery and hospital stay in October - if she was not the fiesty little monkey she is, I don't know how much more challenging the year would have been.
She loves her Mommy and has grown more attached to me over the last six months with the medical situation she endured, but she absolutely ADORES her big sister - calling her Mas, Mason, MiMi and sister!  She follows her everywhere and wants to do everything Mason does, and she allows Mason to nurture her which couldn't make her big sister any happier - I often hear her call "Mason, I need you!!".  Mason goes running, its music to her ears.  Daddy is McKenzie's best boy - and while sometimes she is super affectionate with him, other times she likes to play hard to get - which makes him crazy, but makes me smile, hoping her practice will pay off and she'll have this hard to get game mastered in 12 years.  :)

This summer she mastered the potty - and while I was ecstatic to stop buying diapers - it made me sad to realize yet another sign that we are beyond the baby stage.  :(  I wish I could have an infant forever!!!  She moved into a big girl bed - which she had yet to (1) fall out of and (2) get out of without permission.  Nice job, Kenz!  She also started swimming lessons this summer with her buddy Oliver, and Ms. Linda said for sure they will be swimming this summer - I cannot wait to have two swimmers and not have to be in the water at all if I don't feel like it!  She recently left the comfort of Room 3 at school and moved up to Room 4 with Ms. Mila - and I felt compelled to make sure Mila knew McKenzie was not exactly a Mason clone.  She is very determined and stubborn (surely, she didn't that from either of her parents!?), she can be downright defiant, or...she can be so loving, silly and loving.  She definitely likes to be a caretaker like her sister and really I think would have been an incredible big sister like Mason was.  But, she'll have to settle for being a big sister in her class when she gets a bit older.  She has also become very attached to Gunner and Macy, although Macy isn't always attached to her.  :)

My little mama's girl is three today?  I'm not sure I like that - but she sure does - she worked hard last night to frost her cupcakes for her class today - and I think Mason and I shall sing to her this morning with a candle in her waffle.  She'll have all of the grandparents here this evening for her birthday which will make her downright giddy.  Happy Birthday little monkey.  Mommy, Daddy and Mason love you!!!








No comments: