Addendum: Our pediatrician called on Tuesday to let me know he recieved Mason's test results...Here VCUG was officially NORMAL (yay!!!) "but...it is noted in the renal ultrasound results that they detected an abnormality in her kidney." WTF? I didn't order ANY abnormality with anything - in fact, this was supposed to be a "formality" - no "abnormality" allowed!!! Anyway, he didn't know much about it or how its treated - something called "Mild Bilateral Renal Palvicaliectasis" - sent us back to our urologist to see what needs to be done and what it means...FORTUNATELY, this is a story with a happy ending!! I spoke with our nurse in Dr. Holmes office yesterday and she said he wanted her to assure me he had reviewed Mason's results thoroughly and that her VCUG was normal, no reflux, and for the, what I'm going to call "MBRP" - he didn't think any additional studies or treatment is needed...He'll see us in April when we visit again for follow up stuff with McKenzie. So, I will get a better understanding from him then as to what this all meant, but what really matters, is that she's good and we don't need to do a damn thing. Now I say AMEN to that!!!
Meet Rosie...Mason has been begging for a Webkinz, so we had one waiting for her before we left for the hospital Friday morning. Rosie was very brave and stayed with Mason through both tests...good kitty.
Prepped and ready for the VCUG, just waiting for the nurse to come pick us up...
Ali - this picture was just for you guys!
The next three photos are fromt he mini-photo shoot Mason decided to do in the room while we waited:
Anyway, wanted to let you know it looks like all is great for Mason, and she was definitely my Super Girl!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment