Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello UTI

I am disappointed and frustrated that our poor little monkey has yet another UTI.  She has had the symptoms for a few weeks, without a fever, but they were somewhat inconsistent and she was on antibiotics, etc...so I was asked to watch her liquid intake to make sure she was well hydrated - which she was, she is a great water drinker.  After a few instances of increased complaints by her over the weekend and Monday afternoon, I called the urologist again and we did a urine test through the ped first thing Wednesday and it did confirm the infection.  Now, we were inbetween antibiotic prescriptions for four days over the weekend, so they said she probably had one brewing and the four days without antibioitics was the window it needed to bloom - but I'm having a little trouble buying that theory since she's been complaining that it hurt when she peed and of intermittent back pain - an odd complaint for a 2 1/2 hear old.  However, it is what it is - and fortunately since she now pees in the cup, the whole situation did not involve a catheter, so we did just fine with it.  However, I'm frustrated nonethess after all she has endured over the last five weeks.  :(

No comments: