So I'm home for a second day with McKenzie and her beloved fever...trying to get work done when I can...I am sooooo thankful I work from home and can do it this way. Anyway, she was warm Tuesday afternoon and spiked to 103.6 Tuesday night. She was complaining of her leg/knee and hip hurting also - so we ventured to the ped Wednesday morning, ofcourse my mind jumping immediately to "bone pain + sudden fever = cancer!!!" Fortunately that was just my brain talking. She apparently has all of the symptoms of a hip infection - except no limp or leg stiffness - so I've been told to watch for that, but otherwise we are clear there. So we came down to two options: another UTI, or "just a virus". Hoping for the latter.
She is unwilling to this point to pee in a cup - if she is still running a fever tomorrow, she needs to be catheterized to test for UTI - because if she has a break thru UTI we've been told we're looking at surgery to correct the reflux. Now, she has been doing well potty training and has been traumatized by too many cath's to this point anyway, so I have begged to put it off as long as possible...and since she is due for her full day of tests at Children's just before Labor Day weekend, I have called the urologist to see if there is ANY way they will assume its a UTI and treat it, then just wait to see what the tests show in September...and spare her the cath experience this time 'round. At least in September she will be asleep for it all...
I do have one cute Kenzism - last night, I got up to check on her, took her temp and give her motrin. When she woke up, she looked at me and said "Oh Mommy, your hair looks CUTE." She took her meds, closed her eyes and was fast asleep...Another girly girl I have...
No comments:
Post a Comment