So an impromptu dinner get together on a school night - and it worked! Uncle Larry & Auntie Neille are in town from Oregon this week - pretty much just during the week so there was really no opportunity for us to get to see them - but meeting up for an early dinner in Temecula came about on a whim Monday afternoon - and we pulled it off. It was so great to see my godparents - who I had not seen since our wedding some 6 1/2 years ago - and before that, I couldn't tell you how long it had been. Needless to say they hadn't ever seen the girls either - so it was a great spontaneous adventure! And...Mason was absolutely smitten with Uncle Larry - and cried for about the first 10 minutes of our drive home.
My parents, Larry & Verneille grew up together - and we did everything with them, until they up and moved, abandoning us for Oregon many many years ago - Larry & my Dad are two peas in a pod - so its fun to watch them as it doesn't matter how long its been since they've seen eachother - they don't miss a beat. Needless to say, I was not the least bit surprised when he was teaching Mason how to flip spoons in the restaraunt - and what was the first thing she did when we got home? She went in search of our plastic spoons so she could "teach" Daddy how to do it (btw, its a good thing Paul wasn't with us at dinner - no doubt we would have been asked to leave with my Dad, Larry and Paul playing at the table)...
2 comments:
How much fun was that?!? I'm so glad that you guys had a great night. My mom texted me and told me that your dad and mine did not behave during dinner...there's a shocker!
So glad that Mason loved my dad, everyone does, you know! :) Especially little 5 year old girls...just ask my niece! And, like your dad, he'll do just about anything they ask him to do.
I really really wanted to see them, so I was excited that we were able to pull it together in a few hours time! And man, Mason was absolutely smitten with your dad, it was adorable!!!
:)
Post a Comment