Monday, December 29, 2008

A LaPierre Christmas

A few highlights from a LaPierre Christmas on Dec. 26....The girls, especially Mason, just simply adore the cousins, so it is always fun to be there, and hard to leave. We did a re-enactment of Christmas morning with my parents, brother, sis-n-law and nieces. And, they got a new puppy since we were last there - and the girls had a good time with little Pitu. I'm not really a fan of little dogs, but my mind started going when I realized this little one was like a cat without a litter box - now that is a pretty good deal!



Mason & Pitu

Pitu Love!

And McKenzie love!

Mason, Roni & Pitu

McKenzie in her tutu from Allie!

She loves her tutu!

McKenzie modeling the Joe Bruin backpacks both girls got from Grandma & Granddad.

Auntie Cia & Mason giddy about her Hannah Montana barbie! Nice choice girls!

Mason, Allie, Tori, Roni & McKenzie

Granddad, Grandma, Roni, McKenzie, Tori, Allie, Mason

Same squirely bunch!



funny faces


Paul had the flu, so he was not with us. As we were getting home, literally just getting out of the car, Mason initiated a little conversation that went like this:
Mason: I sure wish I could be part of Uncle Ron's family.
Mommy: Uh, come again? I don't think I heard you correctly. (thinking: I better not have heard you correctly!)
Mason: I sure wish I could be part of Uncle Ron's family.
Mommy: (Thinking...holy crap, I did hear her correctly!) You are part of Uncle Ron's family!
Mason: No, I mean live with Uncle Ron's family.
Mommy: You realize if you went to live with Uncle Ron's family, then you would not live here, in your house, and you would have to leave Mommy, Daddy & McKenzie?
Mason: Yeah.
Mommy: (Thinking...you little shit!) Wow. That makes me sad. What is it about Uncle Ron's family that makes you want to live there?
Mason: My cousins. I just love my cousins so much that I really wish I could be with them everyday.
Mommy: (Thinking..oh, okay, I guess I can hug you instead of smack you) Oh, I know you miss your cousins. They miss you too. That is what makes it so much fun when you do get to see them.
Mason: Yeah, I just wish I could see them everyday.
Mommy: Yeah, I know honey, me too.

No comments: