Friday, November 21, 2008

A Weeknight Adventure

Thursday afternoon my parents came down to surprise the girls with a little weekday/weeknight adventure to Build-a-Bear after school - the reality of it is they needed a "littlest granddaughters" fix. Anyway, Mason hadn't been there (B-a-B) in over two years, so she didn't seem to have any memory of it - McKenzie, well, she was in awe of the entire place...as you can see....

McKenzie immediately fixated on a penguin on a tutu when she walked in...she carried it around, display stand and all! And note the "OH!" face...she wore than I think until we left the store.

Finally after zoning in on the monkey sound, she found the stuffed monkey and I thought that would surely be the "one" for her...

Both girls checking out all of the sounds with grandma....McKenzie played the monkey, which was a darn good monkey sound, until we accidentally pushed the Hannah Montana "Best of Both Worlds" - and then it was over. She is actually doing her Hannah Montana dance here is you look closely.
So, the girls settled on their animals...finally. Mason chose the Hannah Montana bear - got a heartbeat as well as the Best of Both Worlds music box. And, as much as I tried to pursuade McKenzie back to the monkey and monkey sound, she fixated on the elephant (all elephants we fondly call boom booms) and I relented and let her also get the Best of Both Worlds song as I knew they would fight over Mason's if I didn't let McKenzie get it also.

Here we are getting our animals stuffed...Boom Boom Kartzke is getting the stuffing and Hannah Montana Kartzke is waiting her turn...


McKenzie is introducing us to "Boom Boom"


Mason, tickled pink with her Hannah Montana bear....


Boom Boom and Hannah Montana get their first baths...




McKenzie working on Boom Boom's birth certificate.

And McKenzie insisting on carrying her box down the mall...


Happy little lady...


Thank you Grandma & Granddad!!! xoxoxoxox



No comments: