Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just Another Wednesday

So last night Mason told me she needed to make a list for Santa. I nodded, told her yes, but we'd do it this weekend so she had more time to write it, etc...However, she then asked what she should ask for - and I said "hmm, well, I don't know, what would you like to ask for?" and here is the list she rattled off:
  • New toothbrush
  • New toothpaste
  • New socks
  • New panties
  • Some lipstick (huh, lipstick?)
  • New dresses
Too funny, who knew I'd have such a girly girl. The scary thing is that I think she would actually be excited if, come Christmas morning, these were the things that were waiting for her. Hmm. Note to self...maybe we should take advantage of this!!

Which brings me to my other not-so-fun news to share...the company I work for sent out a lovely notice yesterday afternoon to let us know there will be no raises in 2009, no matching 401k, and phases of layoffs beginning this Friday...bahumbug. So, I will keep you posted. We have no idea how many phases, when they subsequent ones will be, or how these decisions are being made. Our department is essentially headless right now, so not knowing WHO is making the recommendations/decisions on our behalf is quite scary. Anyway, fingers crossed, but I will get to workin' on my resume, that is for sure.

No comments: