Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Test Day

The calm before the storm...Not realizing what lies ahead this day, she is happy and playing at the hospital...
Playing with crayons and patiently waiting for her turn in the radiology waiting room...

Stripped down to her diaper in radiology, again...waiting her turn.
Showing off her belly & her hospital bracelet...

Understandably, there were no pictures taken post-procedure...

We had our appointment for the VCUG at Children's today. This was the test before that we were dressed & ready for last month, only to find out she was running a 101' temp so we were sent to the pediatrician instead and told to reschedule...So, things went fine, I wish I could say she enjoyed the test, but that would be a blatent fib. Unfortunately the results weren't what we expected, or had hoped for - although in this day, as long as it can be treated, we're all good. In a nutshell, she does have urinary reflux (which was what this test was to rule out or confirm) - has it on both sides, going into both kidneys. They inserted a catheter and loaded her up with contrast. My daugher is stubborn, takes after her mom & dad, and refused to pee for them - after many many containers of warm water on her privates, she finally relented. :)
Not sure what the treatment is from here, we'll wait to hear from our ped after he gets the report. As for now, she is sleeping peacefully. :)

Update: She seems to be fine this evening - except when she peed, she started screaming "owwwww, poop" and crying hysterically. I think this was the first pee since her test - Susan stayed with her while I took Mason to swimming, and she had a dry post-nap diaper and a poopy one, so I think this one must have been the first pee....So, we are getting ready for a sits-bath tonight, per the nurse's suggestion.

And, I did talk to our ped's nurse and she said it will likely be two weeks before they get the report from Children's - at which point they will refer us to a urologist back down at Children's for treatment...joy, more driving, more sick days off from work. Woohoo!

No comments: