Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One - Two - Three!

I can't believe McKenzie hit the 18 month mark yesterday...doesn't seem possible that she's closer to being a little girl than a baby. :( However, the new things she finds each and every day are so much fun to watch - particularly the expressions that come along with her new finds.
She had her 18 month check up yesterday - all is well. She was current on her vaccinations, so no shots and we'll take every visit to the doctor without needles so we can eventually get past the fear she now has as soon as we park - yes, she now knows the parking lot and what comes with it.
Anyway, her urine test from a week or so ago was abnormal, but the cultures showed a different bacteria than her UTI she was treated for - and at lower levels - so the ped is thinking it was just contamination since they did the urine bag test. So, unless she starts showing symptoms, we are just waiting for the next tests in August and September and hopefully a clean bill of health to follow.
She did weigh in at 23 lbs, 8 oz (50%) and 31.5" (55%) tall and her word count is somewhere in the neighborhood of 61 words...and I have to say I was surprised yesterday when she was in the bath playing with her stacking cups - and counting them - ONE - TWO - THREE...She only counts to three by herself, but she'll repeat up to 12 if you count with her. I knew they'd been working on numbers at school - but I was surprised & thrilled when I heard her unprompted and unassisted.

No comments: