Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday, July 30, 2007



Another Monday, following a busy weekend, yet again. Do you remember when "weekend" meant relaxing down time? Yeah, so do I - although I'm not sure how and when they changed, but I am sure that they did change. Paul and I fondly recall the days in Hermosa Beach, on our walkstreet, when "weekend" meant you parked your car on Friday, spent the days on the beach (or Paul's patio) and at happy hour in the sun (probably on Paul's patio again), and didn't get back in your car until Monday morning. Not a care in the world. Damn, that was nice. :) Not that I would trade anything for what we have now, but one of those weekends now and again sure sound nice.

Anyway, back to reality...Paul's parents are in town staying with us, so we started the weekend off with Concerts in the Park in Carlsbad - nice way to start the weekend, and in Carlsbad they rotate their concerts among four different parks - the first couple of weeks are at one park, the next few at another, and so on. So its bee a great way for us to get to know the city better and decide which parks we like best. The thing we find most interesting is that they have these things on Friday nights at 6 pm - so how crowded can it be, right? How many people can actually make it home from work and to the park before 6 pm? Well, let me tell you, either people in Carlsbad don't work, or they don't work on Fridays, because these parks are jam packed before 5 pm, its really amazing. The concerts we used to go to on Sunday evenings in Manhattan Beach were crowded - or so we thought - but the volume of people at these things is amazing. Perhaps that is why they don't have them on a weekend, there might not be a space big enough.

Anyway, a good way to start of the weekend nonetheless. Saturday night we had tickets to the Pageant of the Masters, something we had bought as xmas gifts for Paul's parents. We had a fabulous dinner at Cedar Creek Inn (ofcourse) and the show was fantastic - as it always is. Beth, or "Auntie Bunny" as Mason calls her, watched the girls for us - a bit of a rude awakening for her I think as a mother of one - when I called to check in (which I proudly admit I did only once) she said "it's soooo hard." Yeah, well just wait until McKenzie is mobile. This is nothin'! Anywho, the girls had a great time, I think Mason would have stayed had we let her spend the night. She loves going to Auntie Bunny's and playing with Devin.

Sunday was a bit of a mellow day. Ryan came up and spent the day with the family and we closed out the weekend with a family bbq - good food, good company - but the end of another busy weekend.

McKenzie continues to get cuter each day - Mason continues to surprise us with her comments and questions, which is no shock to you, I know. McKenzie also is starting her first full week at daycare - she seems to be transitioning without a hitch. She really likes Robin and doesn't mind when I come and go - which makes it soooo much easier for me. Cross your fingers it continues that way. :)

Wishing everyone a good week - and please keep the McIntyre family in your prayers as they lost Chelsea last week. A very difficult time for them, sending hugs and prayers from all of us.

No comments: